Thursday, September 12, 2013

One Side of the Coin

Just for a change, I thought I'd look at a few Scriptures that deal with a particular topic – and put them out there.

The Word of God is clear that we should be ready to share about Christ, communicate the gospel with people as we have an opportunity.

Mark 16:15 says “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere.” (NLT)

The gospel = good news!!!

Should we preach with our lives? Or share Christ with our words? Well... both!!

Peter, who spends time telling us that our lives should be a witness to non-believers* also says this to us:

Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience..” (1 Peter 3:15-16a)

There have been times, both at home and on mission trips overseas, where I've felt prompted to share random things to random people along spiritual lines, and it's fallen flat. Other times, I've shared about God/Jesus or spiritual matters, and it's had a great effect! On one occasion, I started a spiritual conversation with a person on the street based on a 'prompting', and later that afternoon I had the privilege of leading Him to Christ! I've also had times when I've felt like I should talk to someone about Christ or something to do with my faith, and I've done nothing. I've decided to let those memories inspire me to share with people next time.

But the bottom line is that Jesus commission to His disciples back then, is His commission to us today:

“Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.” (Mark 16:15)

Matthew 28:18-20 is another passage that we'll explore in future blogs.

Until then, keep going hard... doing what it is God has called you to do!


*1 Peter 2:12, 15, 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment